Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Last Week's Thrifty Moves



Another crazy week is in the books!  And it is officially spring!  Yes!  So many good things going on and I am feeling pretty blessed and grateful.  Oh my goodness, life is good!

On Sunday I caught up on a few chores around the house and did a quick meal prep that surprisingly kept us going through the entire week.  I didn't think I'd prepared that much food, but apparently it was more than enough.

My daughter requested a batch of fried rice to reheat for quick lunches

It was spring break for the girls, no I'm not joking, so I got a nice week off from preparing school lunches.  No picking up anyone after school so I got to go straight home each night.  It was a tiny slice of heaven.

Monday evening I got home and got into my workout clothes, put on my cross trainers and headed out the door for a nice three mile walk.  Same thing on Tuesday and my youngest joined me.  Thursday she joined me up at the Military Reserve for a nice hike in the foothills.  She loved it.

What could this possibly be?
My daughter told him it was a jar of toothpicks

Thursday morning I dropped my oldest off to catch the Salt Lake Express bus.  She went to visit her boyfriend and his family for a few days.  I sent his birthday gift along with her.  He thought the way I wrapped it was hilarious.

On the way home from work Friday I stopped in at Fred Meyer and picked up a bag of kitty litter, on sale and with a 75¢ OFF coupon, as well as my Friday Freebies and a box of PopTarts I had a free item coupon for.  Broccoli, on sale and with a 75¢ OFF coupon, three organic bell peppers marked down for $1 and some salmon on sale for $6.99.  I was super happy about the salmon.


My youngest babysat and earned some much appreciated money.  Like my oldest she is a saver, even more so.  That money won't see the light of day for a long time, believe me.  LOL

While she babysat I suited up, grabbed my backpack and hoofed it to Albertsons to pick up a few items on sale that I wanted.  Two pounds of strawberries for $2.98, some low carb yogurt, a couple of salad mixes and two bananas.  Then I hoofed it all the way back home.  It felt really good to walk like that with a pack of healthy food on my back.  Sounds crazy, but it did.


I rinsed out an empty laundry detergent bottle and we ended up with enough soap to wash the bunny blankets.  I replaced the empty bottle with an new one from last year's stash.  I can't believe I'm still working off of last year's stockpile and I still have one more jug.

I used up a jar of salsa by adding it to taco meat I made on Sunday.  I rinsed out the jar with a little bit of water and added that to the pot as well.  No waste there!


We sold two dozen eggs to a friend.  All of our egg money goes toward buying their food and supplies.

I worked a little bit of overtime.

My Fred Meyer freebies
I set aside the candy bars for the girls Easter bags

Some of the 15 Minute Chores I accomplished to keep my home in order:

Laundry Room & Half Bathroom - vacuumed floors, super scrubbed the toilet.  Daily swish & swipe.

Dining Room - vacuumed floor.

Kitchen -  vacuumed & spot mopped floor, cleaned the sink.

Bedrooms & Main Bathroom - vacuumed & dusted.  My oldest cleaned the bathroom.  Daily swish & swipe.

Other - three loads of laundry, dusted & vacuumed living room, hallway & entry.  Swept front porch.

How was your thrifty week?



Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar