Ok, that's enough introduction, let's get to the cards:
Justin Verlander 2007 SPx Young Stars Signatures auto
Believe it or not, I'm leading off with this as it's the lesser card of the two! For about $25--which seems to be roughly the going rate based on a very small sample size--I picked up what becomes my third Justin Verlander autograph ('05 Topps Chrome and '07 UD Black), It may be a stickergraph but that's actually not terribly noticeable here on a lovely horizontal design with a great pitching action photo.
Maybe I'm being overly optimistic thinking he could return to something close to his Cy Young form of a few years ago, but I still feel like this is a good time to pick up something like this just in case. Even if he returns with a subpar year, surprises like another no-hitter or stellar playoff performance could change card values again quickly! Hell, even if it goes down I'm thrilled to have another signature from my favorite all-time Tigers pitcher.
So really, what could be better than a shiny new autograph of the player after which this blog was named (eventually)? Try this on for size:
Charlie Gehringer 2007 SP Legendary Cuts Inside the Numbers Cuts auto (#52/60)
Now this, this is the card I grabbed initially; I'd been searching high and low for a Gehringer cut auto that met two requirements: reasonable price and good-looking. To this point I had yet to find something that satisfied both, not that HOF cut autos and low prices tend to go hand-in-hand. I'm more than just satisfied with this one, though, because the cut signature looks great and I'm happy with the design, one that actually includes an image of the player (such a novel concept these days). I do have one other cut auto in the form of this George Kell, but this one immediately becomes my favorite because of the design plus the fact that old Charlie is a PC double-dipper: a Michigan Baseball alum who played for the Tigers!Needless to say I've since cut down on my spending for the rest of the month, but it's pretty obvious that what money I did spend was put to very good use, with another nice autograph of one of my favorite modern players to go along with a sterling cut auto of a HOFer that hits multiple collections.
And now you should stay tuned for a bevy (yes, a bevy) of trade packages as soon as I can get them scanned and ready.



0 Yorumlar