![]() |
| via |
My daughter, Miss Tine, called me this morning
and asked if I could help her. She is planning a Ball
around 1920's Prohibition and the Speakeasy.
She asked if I could could get in touch
with people of 'my era...the older set'
who might have ideas on where she could
look for inspiration. I did mention in passing
that I was not a twenty something in the 1920's.
But I do know of a very talented group of readers who might
be able to suggest a few ideas for the twenty something crowd.
![]() |
| via |
I thought of actress Clara Bow...
![]() |
| via |
and The Great Gatsby.
![]() |
| via |
I then thought of what a twenty something girl
today would wear to a Speak Easy Ball.
![]() |
| via |
![]() |
| via |
and then wondered what I would wear, being that
I am 'of an era--in the older set'.
It didn't take me long to find this Poirot Design
worn by Peggy Guggenheim.
Photograph by Man Ray.
Yes please...
![]() |
| Penny Guggenheim in a Poiret Design Photo by Man Ray via |
So my question to you..when you think of the 1920's...
Prohibition...Speakeasy.. what else comes to mind?
Any books, movies, photographs, links that might
help a young twenty something plan a Ball to remember?
I found this....
With that..
I wish you a rip-roaring weekend of fun and laughter!
1920's style..
Jeanne xx








0 Yorumlar