It is rainy and chilly here today. I sure wish the weather would get and STAY warmer! They are calling for frost the next 2 mornings!! Last year on Mother's Day it was almost 90*!
I did buy a few plants this week - but not putting out veggies for a few days - not taking a chance with frost. Nights should maintain 50* for good planting here. Looks more like end of the week will be better.
Many flowers are starting to bloom. I have columbine blooming, and the poppies are starting to pop open. My clematis has lots of big buds. The peonies are covered with buds as well. Leaves are coming on the grape arbor.
I put my hummingbird feeder on the 3rd and finally saw my FIRST baby of the season on the 10th. Just one - but it is a start. Still awful chilly at night around here.
- I did some yard work the first part of the week. Got the pampas grass all cut back, and did mowing and some trimming. So much to do (just not a lot of gumption to do it).
- No heat all week - until yesterday morning. The house was downright chilly, so I turned it on for one cycle. Same this morning. House holds heat well. Rest of the week the windows were open and the house got lots of fresh air.
- I had to order more checks from the bank - no charge for seniors! Can't remember the last time we ordered checks. Glen did everything online - not me!
- Gave my neighbor a couple cans of coffee - I don't drink it, so someone should get use.
- Donated to "feed the hungry" Post Office food drive yesterday
- Went through a LOT more paperwork
- I received a pretty wreath from a friend in Colorado. It is on my front door in honor of Glen
- I patched 4 pairs of old jeans - which will be great for just bumming around in
- I did more cleaning - some regular that has been neglected last couple weeks and more deep cleaning
- I cooked up a pound of ground beef into taco seasoned - used in a few meals
- I ran to Big Lots one rainy day - just to get out of the gloomy house. I got a couple deals. I found 2 - 3 1/2 pound bags of cat food marked at .50 each and 2 - bottles of shampoo for .50. Super deal for sure.
Simple meals this week:
Homemade bean/cheese/ salsa burrito
Mac n cheese topped with a little taco meat
Soft tacos
Cheesy baked potato topped with last of the taco meat
Tuna patty and leftover mac
Homemade small pizza
This and that - finished all leftovers
How was your week?
Taking things one day at a time and trying to move forward. I finally got all the paperwork I need to move forward on some financial things. Things sure are different. I guess the only thing that is consistent in life - is change!
I pray that each of you have a great, healthy and safe week. I do love all my friends here. I saw a prayer in the paper the other day I'd like to share.
"Show us, O God, how to simplify our lives. Focus us on what is essential to live a life of love. Help us to let go of the rest. Amen."
Blessings from my humble little home and world to yours.
God bless you all.

0 Yorumlar